POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) : Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Apr 2005 04:56:31
Message: <425CDF9E.80F33875@gmx.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" schrieb:

> I would ask.  This setup seems to work great for making a few iterative
> changes to a few files, but doesn't at this hour seem conducive to managing
> great slews of files in the way Window's  GUI version is capable of.   Am I
> wrong? Any tips? Any plans to GUI it?

Not for a GUI integrated with POV-Ray.  And even if there is such a
version some time there will always be the command line version as well
since that's what most Unix people prefer... And yes, you can really
work quite well with this (and a lot of things are quite easy that would
be next to impossible with WinPOV).

For avoiding typos with file names you can use the bash
autocompletition.

Apart from that you should have a look at:

http://www.povray.org/download/unix-tools.php

-- Christoph